When designing a house, more and more often we are asked what kind of roof to prioritize. Roofs may differ in masonry material, shape, vary in complexity of construction, and other features. In this article, we will try to talk in detail about the advantages of the roof of SIP panels compared to the classic trussed roof system that will quickly determine the most acceptable option for you!
So, it is important to know that the roof covering of the roof – one of the most responsible types of work. After all, the roof – is not only the “face of the house”, but also the main protection from precipitation and wind, as well as the main source of maintaining a stable temperature in the room. Therefore, it is imperative that the coating was reliable and insulating.
General characteristics of the rafter system and the roofs of SIP panels
Classic rafter called the roof, which is based on the rafter base, a roof support system – frame, consisting of their oblique rafters, vertical racks, and oblique struts. If necessary, the rafters are “tied” at the bottom of the horizontal trusses. During construction, the frame must serve as a reliable base for all types of materials, such as various types of insulation, layers of waterproofing, and roofing materials.
A roof made of SIP panels is an evolution of the insulated rafter system because the joist in the SIP roof is the same load-bearing beam as the rafter in the rafter system. Due to its modularity and low weight, the roofs of SIP panels are erected quickly. SIP panels are excellent for roof structures and are mounted under all technologies of construction of a building: and frame-shielded and for buildings made of brick or wood. And the house, built entirely of SIP, has a higher energy efficiency compared to other materials.
The main advantages of building roofs of SIP panels
- SIP is superior to a conventional frame roof with wool insulation because it does not require additional insulation and vapor barrier;
- SIP roof for a long time will provide excellent heat preservation for your home, will create a comfortable and cozy environment in any weather outside the window;
- The use of warm roof SIP significantly reduces the time of construction due to the speed of installation and at the same time increase the pace of finishing inside the house;
- Installation of coverage does not cause difficulties because the panels have perfectly flat surface;
- With the overlapping of the roof of the SIP installation errors are reduced to zero;
- Installation work is possible at any time of year and weather conditions;
- High strength roofing SIP panels;
- Ideal for any construction and structures;
- The roof can be covered with any of the varieties of building materials.
The company “Ecopan” designs, manufactures, and builds warm roofs of any complexity from SIP panels. In the following article, we will describe in detail the most common types of roofs and figure out how to implement the most daring architectural solutions, while providing yourself with a reliable shelter.